Why 10,000 steps? The goal of 10,000 steps is the recommended daily step target for healthy adults to achieve health benefits. With continual advances in technology and workplaces becoming more sedentary it now takes a concerted effort to make active choices.
Level of activity
- Sedentary is less than 5,000 steps per day
- Low active is 5,000 to 7,499 steps per day
- Somewhat active is 7,500 to 9,999 steps per day
- Active is more than 10,000 steps per day
- Highly active is more than 12,500
Read full article here.